Sunday, April 27, 2008

Adieu, My Love...


I didn't know till recently that sweet potato is one of the most nutritious vegetables around. It is rich in beta-carotene and vitamins A, C and E. When eaten with the skin, it actually has more fiber than oatmeal – meaning it aids in keeping your digestive system in tact. You have no idea how important it is to eliminate waste from your body – I bid farewell to triweekly pasta and what good it did to my skin and over all health! I believe firmly that glowing complexion has more to do with the food you eat than well-marketed cosmetics you use. In nutritional value, sweet potatoes actually score higher than carrots or spinach! A medium sized sweet potato only has about 130 calories – definitely a better addition to your meal than pasta or white rice!

No comments: