Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Anxiety Attacks

Have you noticed small bumpiness under your skin? The cause might be as simple as product overload. Eventhough I understand how too much moisturizing product can aggravate my skin, I still catch myself wanting to put an extra dab – especially in the areas showing signs of aging. It is purely emotional – you feel more is better, richer the merrier. Unfourtunately heavy product application does not ward away wrinkles or sagging of the skin. It will mostlikely only clog your pores and cause bumpiness, whiteheads or blackheads. Unless you have dry skin, you will probably only need a good serum, not cream or oil on your facial skin. I for one only use a light antioxidant serum on my cheeks and forehead. I avoid using even the serum on my nose and chin as those areas tend to become oily (The humectant in the astringent is more than adequate). I only apply a mixture of Tamanu and Olive oil on the delicate eye area. How much we want to cling to the images given to us by luxury cosmetic brands – that by using their products, we will end up looking like the retouched photos of teenage models in their campaigns, we have to let go and see the unique conditions of our skins.

No comments: